Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Dear VBC Family –
Are you ready for some worship?
We get to do it again this week.
We get to celebrate the Lord’s Supper together this week.
(Plan ahead so you have bread/juice ready for each family member who will be participating.)
You can connect to us via our website or Youtube Channel.
Please use our VBC (online) connection card to drop us a note and let us know how you are doing. You can also share any needs or prayer requests, or a spiritual decision you made. The connection card can be accessed through our VBC website or the Church Center app.
Sunday School for KIDS and ADULTS will be posted this Sunday !!!
Adults: Pastor Robin and Kelly R. will be leading a “Signs of the Times” Bible study of “end times” prophecies: including a study of
Revelation, Daniel, Matthew 24, and more, all designed to help you understand Biblically the times we are living in.
This study will help you to not fear, but to live in confidence as we see the signs of the times.
Here’s how the adult study will work:
1) Video teaching: posted on Youtube as well as our website.
Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHg2BeMmqD1HfnpL7pDtQ_g
2) Then if you want to interact more with these ideas, we will host a Zoom call on Sundays at 6:30 p.m.
Feel free to join us to ask questions or just discuss the topics discussed in the video.
The link for the Zoom call is: https://zoom.us/j/91315690177
Hope to see you there!
Robin and Kelly
- PLEASE let us know if we can HELP YOU in any way !!(Groceries, other shopping/pick-up, prayer needs, … )
- The Together Family Conference will NOT be held at the Kalahari Resort this year. However, it will be held for free for all families as a live event on FaceBook. The dates are May 17, June 21 and July 19 at 7 p.m.
There will be encouragement for families, worship, fun activities, and teaching for everyone in the family.
Also free, is an excellent Family Worship Guide called the HomeChurch Guidebook, written by the same Pastor who wrote the Discovery Bible Study booklets we gave out at church. It is a valuable resource that you can download for free.
More information can be found at https://www.togetherfamilyconference.com/
- The Lifetouch Picture Directory has been re-scheduled !!
Family pics will be taken on September 23rd and September 24th from 2-9 p.m.
Save these dates as we want everyone to be included.
- Start a Discovery Bible Study
How to Lead a Discovery Bible Study
A DBS is a simple study that requires no preparation and can be used to empower small groups and families to have their own time of Bible study together, as well as a great way to CONNECT with someone OUTSIDE the VBC Family.
The essence of this Bible study approach is this: read a passage of Scripture together, and then reflect on these 4 questions:
- What do these verses say about God?
- What do these verses say about people?
- What should I start or stop doing in response to the text?
- Who is someone I will share these discoveries with this week?
5. Kids, don’t forget to join Katie on Facebook LIVE Monday through Friday for her Daily Bible Moments.
Let’s continue to be in prayer for all those who are sick or suffering from this virus, as well as, for those whose livelihoods have been greatly affected by the many restrictions.
Please reach out to someone in the VBC Family to check on them, offer encouragement, and ask if they need anything.
Go a step further and reach out to a neighbor, coworker, friend, and leave them with a nugget of hope through Jesus.
Get connected in one of our online groups and plan to join us on Sunday so we can worship together.
Download the ChurchCenter App.
The app will allow you to connect to all things VBC including updating your personal information, easy contact with VBC via phone, email, our website, online giving (including your giving record). You can now fill out the VBC connection card to communicate spiritual decisions and prayer requests. These can also be accessed on our website.
Our God is so worthy of our praise!
See” you all on Sunday as we gather together to fulfill our mission to “Love God, love others, and make disciples…” in Jesus’ Name.
Love you all.
You are such a blessing.
Ed and Robin