Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Dear VBC Family –
Are you ready for some WORSHIP !? – we GET to do it again THIS WEEK !!!
(Sure hope you’ll BE THERE (online) to participate !!)
You can CONNECT to us via our WEBSITE or Youtube Channel.
PS: Please use our VBC (online) CONNECTION CARD to drop us a note and let us know how you are doing ! You can also share any needs or prayer requests, or a Spiritual Decision you made. The Connection Card can be accessed through our VBC website or the Church Center app.
*** KIDS and ADULT Sunday School will be posted this Sunday !!!
Adults: Pastor Robin will be leading a “Signs of the Times” Bible study of “end days” prophecies: Revelation, Daniel, Matthew 24, and more, all designed to help you understand Biblically the times we are living in.
This study will help you to not fear, but to live in confidence as we see the signs of the times.
Here’s how the adult study will work:
1) Video teaching: posted on Youtube as well as our website.
Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHg2BeMmqD1HfnpL7pDtQ_g
2) Then if you want to interact more with these ideas, we will host a Zoom call on Sundays at 6:30pm
Feel free to join us to ask questions or just discuss the topics discussed in the video.
The link for the Zoom call is: https://zoom.us/j/91315690177
Hope to see you there!
MUCH MORE below 🙂
- PLEASE let us know if we can HELP YOU in any way !!(Groceries, other shopping/pick-up, prayer needs, … )
- A Message from Conference Superintendent David Harvey:
Hello, Acts 12:24 Pastors and Members,
Greetings in the great name of Christ. While we are growing tired of not being able to meet together, we are not discouraged. We see the great hand of God at work in the world and in the people around us. We refuse to “grow weary in doing good” and believe that we will “reap a harvest if we do not give up.” (Galatians 6:9 NIV)
We have seen a lot of positive things blooming despite the stormy climate that we are living in, but we believe God never stops working and He gives us an extra dose of His unequal love when we need it the most.
I would like to take a moment to share five positive results I have witnessed from the church as we faced the Coronavirus – 19:
- More Dependence on the Holy Spirit – It has helped us realize anew that we really don’t control anything, and we are dependent on the Holy Spirit’s power to bring righteousness into the world and into the people we love.
- Expansion of our Ministries – Many pastors and churches have experienced an expansion in the number of people exposed to their ministry during this time. Many of those new people are ready to be harvested for Jesus.
- New People Stepping into Leadership — We have seen this in the 1000 Churches ministry and in other places—people stepping up to start and lead a Discovery Bible Study group. Even with just meeting online, new groups are starting each week.
- Unleashed Creativity – Churches are creating new ways of ministering, especially new ways of ministering to families.
- Set Free from our Dependence on Current Methods of Doing Church – This time of quarantine has challenged our dependence on our current forms of church and helped us to realize that there may be some new ways that God is directing us to.
Pastors are Champions!
It is difficult for me to put into words the deep appreciation and respect that I have for our pastors during this trying time. Pastors are working harder, longer hours, and more committed to their calling of being shepherds of Jesus’ church during these unprecedented times. A big “Thank You” and “Well Done” to all Acts 12:24 pastors.
When Should We Think About Reopening Church?
Acts 12:24 strongly recommends that all churches continue to follow state and local guidance regarding reopening their services.
Don’t Miss Big Announcement from the Together Family Conference Team
This Sunday, April 26 at 7PM, the TFC Team will have a live event at TogetherFamilyConference.com and Facebook. During which they will make an announcement and answer all your questions regarding TFC 2020.
Set Your Alarms and Tuned In this Sunday at 7 PM!
Always Remember… You are Appreciated
Let me close by saying “Thank You” to each one of you reading this message. You are appreciated for not just your good work, but for who you have become in Jesus. We are blessed that each one of you is part of our team.
Supt. David Harvey
Acts 12:24 Conference of the FMC
- Start a Discovery Bible Study !
How to Lead a Discovery Bible Study (attached)
A DBS is a simple, NO PREP study that can be used to empower small groups and families to have their own time of Bible study together, as well as a great way to CONNECT with someone OUTSIDE the VBC Family.
The essence of this Bible study approach is this: read a passage of Scripture together, and then reflect on these 4 questions:
- What do these verses say about God?
- What do these verses say about people?
- What should I start or stop doing in response to the text?
- Who is someone I will share these discoveries with this week?
**** I have ATTACHED the FULL explanation as a PDF file 🙂
4. KIDS !! Don’t forget to JOIN KATIE on Facebook LIVE Monday – Friday for her Daily Bible Moments 🙂
Let’s continue to be in PRAYER for ALL those who are sick/suffering with this virus, as well as for those whose livelihoods
have been greatly affected from the many restrictions this has resulted in.
Next – will you REACH OUT to someone in the VBC Family to check on them, offer encouragement, and ask if they need anything !?
Then – take that a step further and reach out to a NEIGHBOR, CO-WORKER, FRIEND and leave them with a nugget of HOPE through JESUS.
Finally, GET CONNECTED in one of our online groups and PLAN to JOIN US on SUNDAY so we can WORSHIP JESUS together !!
Finally – UTILIZE the MANY FREE RESOURCES compiled for you and your FAMILY 🙂 (If you need us to resend the list we will be happy to 🙂
If you’ve NOT done this yet – Download the ChurchCenter App today 🙂
This will allow you to connect to all things VBC including updating your personal information, easy contact with VBC via phone, email, our website, online giving (including your giving record), and you can now fill out the VBC CONNECTION CARD to communicate SPIRITUAL DECISIONS and PRAYER REQUESTS. (You can also access this on our website.)
Our God is SO WORTHY of our PRAISE !!
“SEE” you all on Sunday as we gather together to fulfill our MISSION to “LOVE GOD, LOVE OTHERS, and MAKE DISCIPLES …” in Jesus Name !!
Love you ALL –
YOU are such a BLESSING !!
Ed and Robin